Professional Gong Teacher Training- The Power of the Sound
by : Ramji Singh (Grand Master)
“The gong is very simple. It is an inter-vibratory system. It is the sound of Creativity itself. One who plays the Gong, plays the Universe. The Gong is not an ordinary thing to play. Out of it came all the music, all sounds, and all words. The sound of the Gong is the nucleus of the Word.”
– Yogi Bhajan
The Power Of Sound
The Gong teacher training is open to sound therapists, healers, yoga teachers, and anyone who is interested in the healing power and the harmonic resonance of the Gong and having a deeper connection with the Universe.
International Certification. 3 levels equivalent to approximately 60 hours.
Part 1: September 12, 13 and 14
Part 2: September 17, 18, 19
(10% discount Early Registration paying in full before August 17, 2021)
Special price for foreigners & out of state: People who live outside Florida and come specifically to take this training, will receive a 15% discount the full price when paying in full before the start of the training. We are also happy to help you with accommodations.
For more information and inquiries about the registration, call (305) 790.0308 or visit us at the studio.
Learning to Play the Gong - A Well-played Gong
The gong is said to be the greatest tool of the Yogi. “To play the gong is to the play the universe itself.” -Yogi Bhajan
Yogi Bhajan, the master of the technology of Kundalini Yoga taught that out of the gong came all music, all sounds, and all words, the sound of the gong being the nucleus of the Word.
The gong is not an instrument, it is pure reinforced vibration and is the only tool that you can produce space vibrations on its own.
When the player of the gong is correctly playing the gong, the player and the Gong become one. A state of non-locality will emerge in the consciousness of the player when the subconscious takes over and allows the conscious mind to be selfless. The personal identity is trans-personalized. The healing power of the gong becomes a river flowing to this place.
In yoga, gong playing is the 4th State of Consciousness or “Turiya”, which is the optimum healing state. The first three states are: 1. Awake 2. Dreaming and 3. Sleeping. Turiya’s state is when one is totally awake while totally asleep, meaning when the Ego is Gone, the Self has come. It is the yoga of the gong and the power of its holistic resonance.
When we become mindful of being mindless then our neutral minds can contemplate more on something like our intentions and suggestions and become more powerful. Energies that are spiritually healing when released are allowed to then flow out to everyone.
We are only now beginning to understand what happens in the brain’s network of synapses when certain neurons resonate in patterns.
We know that the healing gong tone field switches certain cerebral genes on almost at once as its quazi-periodic pressure waves enter the brain/mind’s self consciousness and synapses begin to resonate in synchronous patterns.
Practicing Gong Consciousness is considered to be following the Pathless Way of the Gong.
7 of the Many Benefits of the Gong
1. The gong creates a space for the mind to release. This in turn allows for true sovereignty and mental freedom as age old ancestral subconscious blocks dissolve. The purity of spirit cleanses the realm of the mind creating a space to receive insight and spiritual wisdom from your divine essence.
2. The gong works on the meridians of the body. The meridians of the body are the superhighways of energy and flow. This allows body blocks to soften, stimulates circulation and reduces tension. The practice of Kundalini Yoga is based on opening the highways of energy to create more flow and greater vitality in the body. The Daoist form of Stone Medicine I practice also calls for placing stones on the meridians of the body.
3. Emotional transformation occurs through gong sound healing. The reverberations of the gong reorganizes the emotional energy and feelings that are tied into the physical body.
4. The gong heals the nervous system. Some people have a profound experience of letting go as the gong opens up the portals of the nervous system where trauma is stored. The gong deeply assists with healing drug abuse and any form of addiction.
5. The gong stimulates the glandular system to a higher level of function. When our endocrine system is awakened and activated the glands secret as Nature intended. We literally become healthier and more relaxed and therefore happier beings.
6. And in turn, our chakras, the energetic portals of the glandular system become organized and activated so that we may live in higher awareness.
7. Ultimately the gong creates deep relaxation. The ability to relax is everything in our contemporary age. Through deep and total relaxation our bodies heal and we connect to our divine wisdom, merging with our true purpose, our Sat Nam.
“Think of the human body as a Divine instrument with strings. We are composed of seventy-two surs or strings. The Crown Chakra-the thousand petal lotus- impacts each of these strings with a thousand-fold vibration. So there are 72,000 vibratory impacts that send energy throughout out our system and these vibrations shape us physically, emotionally, and mentally. When the gong is played, the vibration of the strings causes all thirty trillion cells of the body to resonate, to dance—forming patterns that release blockages that have prevented the cosmic pulsation to flow freely through our being. Within this creative cosmic flow we find fulfillment, harmony, and love.”
Day by Day Schedule- First Part
Sunday, September 12- We meet at Abhaya Holistic Center at 10 hours (10:00 AM) and we go home at 19 hours (7:00 PM)
Monday, September 13- We meet at Abhaya Holistic Center at 12 hours (12:00 PM) and we go home at 20 hours (8:00 PM)
Tuesday, September 14- We meet at Abhaya Holistic Center at 12 hours (12:00 PM) and we go home at 20 hours (8:00 PM)
Friday, September 17 – We meet at Abhaya Holistic Center at 12 hours (12:00 PM) and we go home at 20 hours (8:00 PM)
Saturday, September 18 – We meet at Abhaya Holistic Center at 10 hours (10:00 AM) and we take a recess at 19 hours (7:00 PM)
– We meet back at Abhaya Holistic Center at 22 hours (10:00 PM) for the Gong Puja. Puja continues the whole night and breakfast will be provided at 7:00AM after the Puja. We will conclude the teacher training seminar the next day, Sunday, September 19 at 12 hours (12:00 PM).
All materials and certification are included.
In addition, Abhaya Holistic Center will provide Beverages and snacks throughout the course.
Additional meals, vegetarian, non-vegetarian, and Ayurvedic will be available for a very reasonable price.
Learn the basics and intermediate technical parts to play the Gong in all its possibilities and develop a deep connection between meditation and the Gong.
Studies and offers the different concepts on how to use and develop Gong baths in meditations, Yoga classes and in different group settings, as well as developing the different advanced techniques to have a wide sound vocabulary in the Gong and study the basic initiation of individual therapy.
This level is designed for Sound Therapists, Yoga teachers, and therapists who wish to use the Gong for transformation and healing. You will learn how to structure a session of Gong therapy with the client, diagnosis, and sequences in therapy. In addition, we will study and apply the alignments for the development of our ceremonies or Gong Puja.
Professional musician, Sonotherapist, and Kundalini Yoga Teacher accredited by KRI (Kundalini Research Institute)
Trained at Thames Valley University (UK)
National School of Art (Cuba)
Institute of Sound Therapy (Germany)
Disciple Master of Gong of the Gran Don Coreaux.
Official Artist and Representative of Meinl in Spain, Mexico, and Germany
Founder of the Spanish Institution of Sound therapy